Millett Opera House
110 East Ninth Street Austin, Texas 78701
The Millett Opera House was designed by architect Frederick E. Ruffini for Charles F, Millett. It was Texas’ second largest opera house, eclipsed only by the one in Galveston. Not limited strictly to opera, the facility hosted medicine shows, drama, comedy, vaudeville, recitals, political rallies, and even roller skating. It operated until 1911. Today, it is home to the Austin Club.