M.M. Long Livery Stable
901 Congress Ave. Austin, TX 78701
Built in 1860, the M.M. Long Livery Stable was once the stable for the “Austin Burnet Lapas Stagecoach Line.” The Austin Opera House moved to the upper floor of the building in 1871 and the local newspaper reported that a performers were overcome by the distinct odor of manure. The building was restored in the mid 1970s.